Monday, June 5, 2017

Only Two Weeks Left - 6/4

As is typical, the afternoons in our anchorages have been gusty lately, while mornings are calm.  The wind generator and solar panel were keeping up with the electrical demand of our refrigeration all afternoon yesterday; everything else was turned off. Today the wind has been blowing less consistently: blowing like a banshee one moment and dead calm the next.  Not that I know how a banshee blows.  Or even what a banshee is.  My life is a constant stream of things I think of to look up whenever I next see Internet service.  But I’ll forget by then.

Today is Sunday, which means that we are scheduled to arrive in Quijote’s home port of Lake Union two weeks from today.  I’m hoping the Straight of Juan de Fuca settles down some time between now and when we’ll be there.  They’re predicting gale force winds in the Strait for the next few days.  The nice thing about scheduling short hops between anchorages is that we can time our run for it: giddy-up while the getting is good; hunker down while it’s not.  With an eye on our marina reservation, I’d rather not arrive early or late to Victoria, but stuff happens.  Safety First.  In the mean time, we’ll enjoy the protection of the islands in the Tofino area for the next several days, then make a one day run from Tofino to the Broken Group, where we’ll tootle around for another few days.  We’ve heard a lot about that area and I’m looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment